Sunday, December 30, 2012

Bangkok Hostel Review: Saphaipae Hostel Bangkok

What comes to mind when I mention hostel?

While I've stayed in some cool hostel before but I must say the image of a cram space, old fashion and unkept hostel do looms by.

But well, in my last trip to Bangkok.. hostel has a new meaning to it. All thanks to Saphaipae which I spent a good few nights.

Free internet for guests
One of the many different sofas at the lounge
The many different parts of the lounge and recreational area

This chic hostel welcomes guests with a large reception lounge cum recreational area with pool tables, sofas and computers with free wifi.

Me at the bar

Also at the ground floor is a mini bar that serves drinks.. and at the other corner is a Restaurant. Now, that's like more than what a hostel usually offers ya?

On the 1st night, I had my very first meal in Bangkok here!
The outdoor dining
Breakfasts served at the restaurant.. ain't that lovely!
I had my fair share of yummy food - breakfasts, lunches and dinners here! I must say I do like their food!!
Next to the rooms. This hostel offers mixed dormitories from 2 to 10 beds, exclusive female doms, private family rooms and also private rooms.

I got the private room with attached bathroom. Now, while I was awed with the facilities downstairs, but I wouldn't expect much space in the room.

Owh, how wrong was I! The private room that I stayed was decently huge, and came with windows.

At one of the corners of the hostel.. just outside my room. So colourful! And I matched it with my Thai pants! haha!

The deco in the rooms are simple but nice enough. It comes with the basic ammenities like safety box, air cond, bed lamps, TV and coffee and tea set. I must say this is pretty complete - and more than that I'd ask for. It also has a sofa!

My welcome snack! Very unexpected, but very happy indeed!
The bed in the bedroom with table lamps. 

The attached bathroom looks pretty elegant for a hostel heh?
Me taking some shots in the room XD
Btw I took an opportunity to visit the other rooms - the dorms, and like it too! The rooms all look so neat and clean.. plus chic enough to bunk in. Especially so if I'm here with a larger group of buddies - this will be a good choice!

4 to a room don't feel so cram, does it?


Good sized lockers are provided in the rooms.

And owh ya, the shared bathroom thing.. check their bathrooms out! They are huge and clean!




They also have laundry rooms - with washing machines and dryers. Wow, seriously? This hostel sure thinks for the guests! And will be something I would use when I stay longer here in Bangkok!

Truly, like Bangkok, Saphaipae opened my eyes to what's possible - and how far their tourism has come.

All these for still an affordable price!


*Address
35 Surasak Road Silom
BangrakBangkok 10500
Tel: +6622382322
Email: info@saphaipae.com

The hostel is only about 5 mins walk from Surasak BTS.. Which is just 2-3 stops from the heart of Silom!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hey, thank you for commenting! :)