Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Bear Food (Den Den Bistro)

Over the weekend, me and mum went to Oasis Square for lunch (after sending my brother off at the Subang airport). 

Not really having eaten there before, we weren't too sure of which restaurant to eat in at first. 



But then, we passed by this Japanese restaurant - and they had this huge poster of Sleeping Animal Plate (or simply a Sleeping Bear ala Rilakumma). 

While some of the other restaurants were rather tempting, we however thought of trying this - partly, we wanted something "light" (which Japanese meals always gives that impression). Secondly, well.. they served BEAR! I just thought it's worth a try!




So in we went, and started to order. The food looks rather different, and is somewhat kinda fusion. 





Amongst others, we ordered the Tofu dengaku and Den Den roll - which honestly looked really pretty. 

The other dish we had was the ToroToro Egg with Anchovy - which were poached eggs, that I like!


And of course, we ordered the "sleeping animal" dish or as I'd rather call it Bear Food (or Sleeping Bears/ Rilakumma meal?). 

Now, how did the food taste? Personally, I felt it was more beautiful to see than to taste. Not that it's bad.. it's just not super yummy. Overall, I love the eggs the most - and boy, did that come in a huge portion!

The bears, sadly to say was a lil of a letdown. 



But hey, it's not all bad. I mean, I still think this bistro/ restaurant did something right.. having those fusion dishes, and going with unique cute bear food. I'm sure many bear fans will just want to dine here to take some pics with it (yeah, guilty, I admit!). 

But to come back? Hmm... let me try the other restaurants around there first before any return - soon.

*Address: 
Den Den Bistro
R-05 Central Plazza 
No. 2, Jalan PJU 1A/7A
Oasis Square 
Oasis Damansara
47301 Petaling Jaya

03-77344335

*Opens lunch & dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hey, thank you for commenting! :)